Sunday, 16 September 2012



January 6 1998- September 16 2012

As this blog is a mix of Journalism reflections and personal ones, I’d like to share with you something really personal. Yesterday on the 16th of September, I lost my family cat. For me, she symbolized so much, Tilly was in my life for 15 years (she had a lovely long life) and has basically been my little compliant, unconditionally loving companion that sat with me during every little hardship and change throughout my life. Being only 19 years old myself, yesterday I felt like I lost something that grew up and aged with me. She was the most beautiful placid little Persian cat that was always up for a cuddle and a chat. Her brightly sparkling amber eyes always felt like they looked straight into your soul with such love, and you knew that she was just as happy to be in your company as you were to be in hers. Thanks for listening to me when no one else was there to listen, thanks for the cuddles when it was cold, thanks for the hours and hours of company, thankyou from the bottom of the heaviest heart for all the irreplaceable memories.

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.
-George Eliot"


An ode to my beautiful meow, you leave such a huge gap in our lives and I am so utterly heartbroken about your passing. I'll always love you, Rest in peace old girl. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment