Sunday, 7 October 2012

Hey Guys! sorry I haven't posted in a while I've been at kings beach for a week and a half, trying to give myself a break from the constant use of technology! With a group of friends well all took up the no technology challenge which means, no phone, no TV, no internet shopping, no blogging or facebook!
I must admit it was nice to detox from it all for a week, I felt my square eyes had a well needed rest! But after feeling so excluded from the online world it was also nice to jump back into the loop! Taking this time off made me realise just how reliant I am on technology on a day to day basis and just how much time I waste getting stuck online! Being away from technology for just a week allowed me to read a book, get a bit more exercise in, get back into my artwork and even focus more on my friends and relationships, which was long overdue. I highly recommend getting together with a group of friends and seeing how long you can last without technology, (it can be challenging at times, but well worth it!) This exercise has made me much more determined to balance my time on and offline alot more evenly so, at the moment I'm giving myself a daily 3 hours of no technology rule (and you can't be asleep during these three hours....haha) so today I'm about to go for a run, then bake some goods for dessert tonight! I'll try keep you all up to date with how I'm going with getting my three hours of no technology in at the end of every week, so stay tuned!
I'll also be back on tomorrow to post about todays lecture, so talk you to later!

No comments:

Post a Comment